7 Things in Food
Check out these 7 things—all happening this week.
1. Green delivery: This is the first full week that Grub Hub—online delivery guide and ordering service—is purchasing carbon offsets for every delivery.
2. Dine like it’s 1998: In celebration of 10 years in business, Absinthe is rolling back prices on signature dishes and cocktails from January 20 to February 1.
3. Go ‘shroomin’: Black Truffle dinner at Palmetto is tonight (January 22 at 7 p.m.). Start with beef carpaccio and shaved celery salad, move to pasta, then roasted guinea hen and finally a duet of desserts.
4. Get the buzz: According to Eater SF, Blue Bottle’s going to open this week in Mint Plaza, Eater’s predicting a Wednesday date.
5. For a good cause: Get in to Epic Roasthouse or Waterbar before everyone else for $500. Proceeds from the charity dinner go to KIPP, the Knowledge Is Power Program (Waterbar), or the 49ers Foundation (Epic).
6. When only the freshest will do: This Thursday’s Marquita Farms Mystery Box delivery will be at Incanto from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Look for very-in-season sunchokes in your box.
7. Raise a glass: Richard Dean is the new master sommelier at Campton Place, and his first of a series of wine tasting seminars (paired with chef Gavin Schmidt’s cuisine) starts on the 29th with Ceago Vingarden. Make reservations here.