I often pray it’s not an oxymoron to be happy and married, though I sometimes have to wonder based on what I'm seeing and hearing. … Some might call me a cynic, but for the record, I do wake up every day hoping that a person can indeed be married and happy.
Last week, I grilled a very much in love couple at the W Hotel, together for nine years and living in SoMa, who shared the reasons why their sex life gets better every year.
1. The supercool website, which will make you want to book a flight to Rio in about two minutes flat.
2. The live music every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, courtesy of Brazilian hottie Antonio Guedes.
3. The $7 caipirinhas, especially the classic.
Bossa Nova's fried smelts + caipirinhas.
At the star-studded 21st annual Bridge School Benefit—a non-profit concert founded by Neil Young that helps fund the Bridge School for handicapped children—established musicians like Jerry Lee Lewis and Tom Waits shared the stage with rockers Metallica, heartthrob John Mayer and quirky songwriter Regina Spektor at Shoreline Amphitheatre on Saturday, October 27.
Blame It On Fidel; courtesy of Koch Lorber Films
Hey fabulous film friends, here are some groovy film picks happening around your neighborhood. Check in next week for another exciting installment of the Reel. Until next time kids, be bad and get into trouble baby.*
Film Happenings Around Town
• Blame It On Fidel (2007) Dir. Gavras - Roxie
• Poor White Trash II Red State Cinema: Rural Auteurs - YBCA
Essential SF knowledge in your inbox
Sign up for our email newsletters for the latest on local food, culture, style, tech, and more.