Link Love: Men in Heels, A Dying Garment District and Narciso for Less
Daily reads from our feeds …
We’ve been quick to bring you word of all the ridiculous man trends that have been surfacing lately. Here’s one more—men in high heels on the runway at NY Fashion Week. We’re right there with The Cut in saying, “enough is enough.”
NYC’s garment district may be facing extinction as manufacturing continues to be shipped overseas, leaving the historic area a relic of the past. Reuters reports on this sad reality.
Haute for less—WSJ reports that Narciso Rodriguez will be designing dresses for under $1,000 and also signed a deal with eBay, where clothes will sell for less than $350. Thanks goodness for a designer who’s willing to adapt to these tough times.
Not initially invited, Madonna and Lady Gaga had to ask to attend the Marc Jacobs show. (via WWD)
If you’re not already familiar with accessory designer Rebecca Minkoff, tune in. The up-and-comer is about to break in a big way. She just released her first ready-to-wear apparel collection during Fashion Week and we guarantee everyone in the industry is going to eat it up. Fashionista has the pics.
- Link Love: Men’s Vogue Outs Gay Men, Fashion Networking and Artsy Model Cards
- Link Love: The Fashion Week Edition
- Link Love: Spiked Corsets, FashionTweek and Heidi Klum’s Derrière
- Link Love: Ralph Lauren Makes the Recession Uplifting and More From The Runway
- Link Love: Patriotic Street Style, Fashion Films and SJP