7x7.com is seeking a motivated, driven, communicative, and enthusiastic Assistant Editor to join our team. Candidates should have 1 – 3 years of experience in writing, editing, and digital media. Candidates must be based in the Bay Area. Please do not apply if you do not fit these qualifications. This role is ideal for someone with a Journalism/English/New Media background.
- Oversee daily content flow to maintain 7x7.com's reputation as a leading, engaging voice in local lifestyle media. Includes assisting in assigning, editing, and producing up to nine blog posts per day
- Work with top editors to establish a seasonal, dynamic editorial calendar that is engaging to readers and drives growth and engagement
- Assist in managing a team of 50 freelancers as well as a small team of interns
- Manage weekend content (posting, writing, assigning, and social media coordination).
- Manage 7x7.com's Twitter account and maintain a healthy increase in followers with a fun, 7x7.com voice
- Liaise between editorial and sales teams to help define digital brand goals and digital brand identity within the local, regional, and national markets
- Coordinate with key members of the sales and marketing team. Write sponsored posts and advertorials
- Stay abreast of key syndication relationships and social media strategies
- Assist email marketing strategy through newsletters by writing daily content and subject lines, with an eye on growing email newsletter lists
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Need to be organized with infallible attention to detail
- Passion and love for San Francisco and the greater Bay Area. Active life in the city of San Francisco.
- 1-3 years of experience managing the day-to-day operations of a digital publication
- Experience working with a content management system (Drupal is a plus)
- Experience managing teams of freelance writers, developing editorial calendars, and editing and publishing online content a plus
- Proficiency or willingness to learn Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Google Analytics and social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Communications
To apply: Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, “7x7.com Assistant Editor” in the subject line of the email, and include at least three links to published work (e.g. clips, blogs).
Benefits: 401K/403B, Dental, Health
Experience: 1-3 years
Location: San Francisco, CA
7x7 is the essential resource for residents and visitors who seek insider information on San Francisco and the greater Bay Area. With a mix of informative, stylish and accessible content, 7x7.com engages passionate digital users who love their city. Our goal is to share San Francisco's unique experiences, food, drink, events, people, culture, innovations, and lifestyles. 7x7.com and 7x7 Magazine are McEvoy Media publications located in San Francisco’s SoMa neighborhood.