Barefoot Wine's Facebook Film Debut: One Beach
Isn't it refreshing when brands get off their butts and do something to help the world? Do-good local winery Barefoot Wine has launched a Facebook campaign to promote their beach rescue initiatives through a viral film called One Beach: A film about creativity, optimism, and fun, while cleaning the world's beaches. Directed by surfer and filmmaker Jason Baffa, this environmental documentary about beach preservation, is in collaboration with Surfrider and BBDO SF. Blending the world's of wine, the environment, the arts, advertising, and social media, it's a short film with a lot of gumption.
Airing September 20, 6:30pm EST/3:30pm PST, it will kick off with an introduction from the director, then the screening, followed by a cast Q & A. Sign up on Facebook so you don't miss it.
Samantha Durbin (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a lifestyle writer who honed her blogging skills as Editor of FabSugar.com. Samantha graduated from The Fashion Institute of Technology, and also writes for 7x7 Magazine and Gilt City.
- This Week's Hottest Events: Jenny Lewis, Divisadero Art Walk and Daft Punk's Film Debut
- This Week's Hottest Events: SF Sketchfest, Wu-Tang Clan, and Rayko's Plastic Camera Show
- Film Festival Highlight: Laura Poitras’ ‘The Oath’ Debuts Tonight at the Pacific Film Archive
- When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong: Sundance Standout 'Four Lions' Makes Bay Area Debut with South Asian Film Festival
- Disposable Film Festival to Make 2011 Debut at the Castro