Dreamscapes, A Group Show Featuring Tabitha Soren at Johansson Projects
MTV VJ turned artist? Tabitha Soren joins photographer Brice Bischoff and multimedia artist Ellen Black in a group show at Johansson Projects. The three create surreal manipulations of otherwise ordinary environments like the Sutro Baths, Ocean Beach, and the Bronson Caves in LA, in a sense illustrating the power and mystery of Mother Nature. Bischoff's vibrant colors for the Bronson Cave pieces are juxtaposed with stark black-and-white contrast in his residue prints. Soren illustrates the foreboding doom inherent in an unpredictable sea, and Black imagines apocalyptic landscapes in dreamy video scapes. These works are definitely worth checking out. But before you go, check out our Q&A with Soren here.
Through Sat. 10/15 at Johansson Projects, 2300 Telegraph Ave., Oakland
- Tabitha Soren on Her MTV Days, Her New Bloomberg TV Stint and Clive Owen This Weekend
- Go See Local Artist Jennie Ottinger at Johansson Project's Latest Show
- Four Gallery Openings This Week
- Group Exhibition a Litmus Test of Locally Inspired Talent
- Sea Change: Marx & Zavattero Gallery's 10th Anniversary Exhibition