Experience the Oscars® with The Academy of Friends
It's almost that time of year again, when the eyes of the world are turned to that glamourous, celebrity-filled, cutthroat spectacle in the sun—yes, it's the Arizona Republican primary! And what better way to cleanse your palate than with a televised celebration filled with Hollywood's liberal elite, the Academy Awards®, hosted in San Francisco once more by our fabulous pals, the Academy of Friends. Their 32nd annual gala event has a few surprises in store...
In addition to the usual bounty of bites, free-flowing libations, and the chance to criticize Meryl's outfit with an atrium full of folks who know better, your ticket includes a special treat: the San Francisco cast of the smash hit Broadway musical "MAMMA MIA!" performing LIVE following the telecast!
And as always, the Gala benefits a slew of Bay Area HIV/AIDS organizations, including Huckleberry Youth Programs; Maitri; Shanti; Tenderloin Health; and Women's HIV Program at UCSF.
So break out those penguin suits and sequined boots, and don't be afraid to get into the spirit of this year's Gala theme: Scandalous! The fun starts at 5pm.
February 26, San Francisco Design Center Galleria, 101 Henry Adams St. For tickets and more info, click here.
- Academy of Friend's Voyeur Gala Celebrates the Oscars, Benefits the Fight Against AIDS
- Gift Your Friends With Trapeze Classes & More @ Curiosity Atlas' "Experience" Gift Market
- Our 7 Top Picks for Best Oscar Gowns
- Nuns, Nazis and Pedophiles: And the Oscar goes to…
- SF Street Style: Best Friends with Distinctly Different Styles in Union Square