Friends of the Public Library's 2nd IMBIBE Event (Space-Themed!) in the Marina
San Francisco is a city full of insatiable bookworms, whether we're poring over the dog-eared paperbacks we scored at the Friends of the Public Library's annual book sale or reading an ebook while on Muni. Not to mention our libraries and independent bookstores, which are sanctuaries for anyone who loves the written word.
That's why we love the idea of IMBIBE in the Marina, the after-hours event thrown by the Friends of the Public Library. The next one is this Friday, June 17th from 7-10 pm. It's the perfect way to entice people to become members of the library — there's an open bar featuring Anchor Steam, Reyka Vodka, and wine from Coit Liquor. Plus the entire Marina Branch Library will be fully decked out with a space theme (!) to celebrate this year's One City One Book choice, Packing for Mars by local scribe Mary Roach. This means there will be a space-themed photo booth and even sky tours from astronomers from the SF Amateur Astronomers association on the rooftop with telescopes.
If you're not already a member of the Friends of the Public Library, you can join for $35 at the door (or online here) — which will get you into future IMBIBE events for free. That money makes sure our libraries are top notch year-round. Party at the library!
- Ike's Sandwiches, SF Literary Big Wigs and Motown Tunes at the SF Public Library's First After-Hours Event
- Pssst, Book Lovers: Friends of the SF Public Library's Annual Book Sale Starts Next Week
- Author Mary Roach and Mythbusters' Adam Savage Dish Space Travel
- Public Library's Family Pass Program Is a Free Chance to Check Museums
- San Francisco Ranked 2nd Most Photo-Friendly City