Fundraising Heroes Lauded by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
After a long year of philanthropic efforts, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society held their 24th Annual Man and Woman of the Year Awards, which recognized top fundraisers in the community who dedicate their time to raising awareness about blood cancers. Over 500 guests convened at the beautiful Fairmont San Francisco for the event. Attendees raised a glass to all of the fundraising teams, celebrating the Bay Area chapter’s record achievement of raising over $850,000 for blood cancer research.
The 2014 Man and Woman of the Year, Marc Hopkins and Anjou Ahlborn, celebrated with the 2014 Boy and Girl of the Year, Roman Soto and Aubrey Week. Soto and Week are both blood cancer survivors who serve as the faces of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society campaign. Ben Fong-Torres (of Rolling Stone) served as the Master of Ceremonies for the evening, introducing each of the winners and sharing his passion for seeking a cure for blood cancer.
More Arts + Culture Postings
- Meet the Candidates for the The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's 2011 Man & Woman of the Year
- Mix Master Mike DJs A Night of Dancing, Drinking & Gaming In the Name of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Photos: The Second Annual Decks on Deck 2012
- LLS's Man & Woman of the Year Winners Get Announced at Saturday's Grand Finale
- This Week in Fashion: Custom Leather at The Factory, Chillin' Turns 13, The 2nd Annual Beauty Expo + Mega Memorial Day Sales