High Art: Three Not-Too-Serious Lit Events
Beloved humorist and bestselling author David Sedaris is making a stop at the War Memorial to celebrate the release of his latest literary adventure Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary. If you've never seen him share his stories live, get this special event on your calendar now. You'll laugh so hard that your face will hurt for hours after.
When: 7 p.m., Sun. 4/24
Where: War Memorial Opera House, 301 Van Ness Ave.
Regreturature = Literature + Regret
Litquake and the SF Writer's Grotto have teamed up for a night of irreverent readings. The theme is no holds barred, so anything goes, even utterings that should never have been inked to page. When the list of Grotto authors includes Stephen Elliott, you know it's going to be good.
When: 8 p.m., Thurs. 4/7
Where: Swedish American Hall, 2174 Market St.
A Friendly Gathering
Presented by The Rumpus and Zyzzyva, this event is only high-brow with a lowercase h. Hosted by everywhere man Stephen Elliott, this lit event features acclaimed novelist of American Subversive (a New York Times 2010 Notable) David Goodwillie along with Iron Comic Nato Green and indie pop band The Yellow Dress.
When: 7 p.m., Mon. 4/11
Where: The Make-Out Room, 3225 22nd St.
- This Week's Hottest Events: Wine + Art at SFMOMA, Amy Sedaris, and Zion I
- This Week's Hottest Events: Four Seasons Hot Chocolate, David Sedaris' Santaland Diaries, and Christmas Day Openings
- The Week’s Hottest Events: MGMT, Summer & The Symphony Finale with Chris Noth (aka Mr. Big) and the Miniature Tigers
- Kiehl's and the Sundance Channel Screen Eco Trip
- Win Tickets to Noise Pop's Way Behind the Music