Multimedia Theater Evolves in Sticky Time
One woman’s desperate need to escape threatens her family and the world in the bending, twisting landscape of Sticky Time. With 360 degree projections, surround sound and choreography, this is Crowded Fire’s most technically ambitious production yet.
Vanguardian Productions director Marilee Talkington, one of the creators of the project, is the only visually impaired playwright and director creating experiential work. Because she experiences the world differently, Talkington works with a different imaginative scope, allowing a different theatrical experience to emerge. Part philosophy, part sci-fi thriller, Sticky Time uses multimedia in an all-encompassing way, making the audience part of the show rather than outside observers.
October 29-November 18. Brava Theater Center, 2781 24th Street. Tickets are $15-40 at crowdedfire.org.
- Checking for "Stickiness" at the Roxie Theater's DocFest's
- Evolve Exhibition Opening Party at Fort Mason
- Head to Theaters Now to See "For A Good Time, Call..."
- JumpstART: A Free Day of Dance, Theater, and Performance at ODC Theater
- Two Art Events Worth Your Time: It's All A Blur + Garage Biennale Book Release