Photos: Roselyne Chroman Swig Receives 2012 San Francisco Arts Medallion
On October 15, the Museum of Performance & Design celebrated Roselyne Chroman Swig for her outstanding leadership in the arts. The presentation of the medallion took place at a luncheon in Alexandra’s Ballroom at the Westin St Francis Hotel in San Francisco. Mrs. Swig was presented the medallion by the museum's Board President Elyse Eng and incoming Executive Director, former San Francisco Ballet Principal Dancer Muriel Maffre.
Prior to the presentation of the medallion, Harrison Swig Watkins—Mrs. Swig’s grandson—gave an artful, touching and amusing tribute to her remarkable enterprising and devoted life of philanthropic and civic service.
Surrounded by family and friends as well as museum benefactors, Mrs. Swig addressed the guests as "standard bearers for prioritizing the arts as equal to the 'quality of life' pillars that are heralded as providing those lustrous enhancements in our society… It is the imperative towards engaging us all in supporting and participating in the success of [the museum's] mission and goals.”
The Museum of Performance & Design is located in the Veterans Building at 401 Van Ness Avenue; mpdsf.org
Photos: Ray "Scotty" Morris
- Photos: San Francisco Opera Ball 2012
- Photos: San Francisco Social 2012 Benefiting Larkin Street Youth Services
- Photos: 7x7 and Pacific Gas & Electric Award San Francisco's Favorite Charities 2012
- Photos: 7x7's Piggies 2012: Celebrating the Best Restaurants in San Francisco
- Photos: 7x7 Best of San Francisco 2012 at Ghirardelli Square