Race Cars and Poolside Drinks at a Concours d'Elegance Fete
The annual Concours d'Elegance weekend in Carmel and Pebble Beach always draws crowds of car collectors and fans alike to ogle beautiful and rare vehicles from afar. This year, 7x7 and the Audi sportscar experience (ASCE) invited attendees to get inside the action and become a racecar driver for a day.
For one weekend only, Concours attendees, Carmel Valley Ranch guests, and friends of 7x7 signed up for the exclusive ASCE Ride & Drive program, in which they spent a full 30 minutes traveling along a pre-set course through beautiful Carmel. Certified racecar drivers rode shotgun to provide driving tricks and safety tips as guests put their skills to the test and channeled their inner Steve McQueen. With their choice of the Audi R8, V8, S6, S7, and S8, auto enthusiasts were guaranteed an unforgettable experience.
On Saturday evening, car aficionados gathered poolside at Carmel Valley Ranch for Car Talk & Cocktails. Guests indulged in oysters on the half shell before CVR's poolside fire pits transformed into DIY s'mores bars. The sweet and savory bites perfectly complemented the Grand Marnier cocktails, from a Raspberry Peach Bellini to a Grand Old Fashioned.
To set up your own Audi sportscar experience at the Sonoma Raceway, visit audisportscarexperience.com.
Images courtesy of Drew Altizer.
- Don't Believe the Hype: Pixar's 'Cars 2' a Slick, Satisfying Race to the Finish Line
- This Week's Hottest Events: Architecture in the City, Poolside Cocktails, and More
- In Dreams: Renee Green Feted At YBCA Opening Night Party This Friday
- SF’s Arts and Social Sets Fête at the Bravo! Club Gala
- Hayao Miyazaki Contemplates Dreams, the Environment and the Elegant Simplicity of 'Ponyo'