Reason to Party's Penthouse Extravaganza for Dance
San Franciscans are famous for finding any excuse to party, from the opening of a new burrito joint to it simply being Wednesday. But Reason to Party came up with the perfect formula to help partygoers get down in support of a worthy cause. After throwing a bevy of socially conscious parties over the last year, Reason to Party kicked off their summer with a fete for Dancers Group, an organization devoted to raising funds for Bay Area dance companies.
The event, which took place at the Mission’s historic Armory Building, was an evening bursting with an energy and a parade of performances. Drag artist Fauxnique and adult and indie film star Brent Corrigan hosted, while dance troupes ODC, Post:Ballet, RAWdance, and Rashad Pridgen kicked the energy up a notch with a series of stunning performances.
The event's title, "Pas de Deux," was an allusion to both the two-person ballet step as well as the collaborative nature of the party. The evening represented many of the fixtures of the Reason to Party aesthetic: stand-out drinks by Soyumbo Vodka (the organization's official spirit), elegant and beautifully-dressed guests, and a cause more than worthy of support.
- Pride, Glitter, and Philanthropy at Juanita MORE! Pride Party
- Crowdtilt and Coqueta Launch Initiative to Save the Bay Lights
- A Glitzy, Glamorous Opening for the Asian Art Museum's "Gorgeous"
- 7x7, Saks, and Project Runway's Melissa Fleis Present Edgy Fashion for Spring
- Fans Kick Off the World Cup at La Mar