Rustling Silk at Counterpulse
Drawing parallels between ancient nomadic civilizations (requirement: horses) and the growing trend of modern nomads (requirement: internet access), Counterpulse’s latest is an evening of structured multimedia improv, with dance, live painting and music, and video.
Improvisation can go one of several ways - it can be inspired and twice as impressive for having been born of the moment or it can be a bit of a mess. But with so many pieces being invented on the spot, the law of averages means there will be some interesting or insightful take-aways - possibly an evening full of them. Rustling Silk, part of CounterPULSE’s Summer Special, is a deep dive into people's need for freedom, no matter what century they live in.
August 26-27. 1310 Mission Street. Tickets are $15-20 at counterpulse.org.
- CounterPULSE's Newest Diaspora: An Indonesian Rain Dance and a Cambodian Meditation on Love
- Dance and Performance Art for Your Calendar: ODC, CounterPULSE, and Ethnic Dance Fest
- The Riley Project/Aura Fischbeck Dance at Counterpulse
- Fruit: kDub Dances at Counterpulse
- Jessica Robinson Love Brings Cutting-Edge Dialogue to CounterPulse's Stage