Scenes of the City: Woodcut Maps
This SF-based company allows you to get a laser cut wood map of your San Francisco neighborhood, a European city where you proposed, or pretty much any neighborhood around the globe. Woodcut Maps will cut and assemble these slick pieces of art work for your wall.
We visited their Mission studio to bring you pix of the process and the finished product.
Built from laser-cut pieces that are then assembled like a puzzle, Woodcut Maps offers 40 hardwood veneers including ebony, zebrawood, teak and African mahogany. To add to the intricacy of the map, a different veneer can be used for each of four map elements: roads, landscapes, water and parks.
Hop on their website and try it out for yourself -- they have great software to help you design and see exactly what will arrive at your door.
- Scenes of the City: Veterans Mural Project in Shannon Alley
- Scenes of the City: SF Hip Hop Dancefest
- Scenes of the City: The Rankin Street Warehouse, a Massive Graffiti Anthology
- Scenes of the City: Reveling in Yesterday's Warm Weather
- Scenes of the City: 4th of July Celebrations at Fisherman's Wharf