Vintage Photos Celebrating BART's 40th Anniversary
Originally published on Huffington Post SF
On Sept. 11, 1972, the very first passenger embarked on the very first BART line, which ran between MacArthur and Fremont stations.
Since that fateful day, millions of people have turned to the Bay Area Rapid Transit System to get them to work, home or the next Giants game.
This September marks 40 years of service for BART , a huge milestone for the entire agency, its employees, and of course, its passengers.
In honor of the big 4-0, BART is exhibiting various memorabilia and photos from the last four decades throughout its stations.
Click here for a ton more vintage BART photos!
Follow Huffington Post SF on Twitter.
- Photo Gallery: Clift Hotel's 10th Anniversary Celebration
- Chez Panisse Continues Its 40th Anniversary Celebrations, Here's How To Make the Most of It
- The SF Library Book Sale Celebrates Its 50th Anniversary With...A Book Sale!
- San Francisco Jewish Film Festival to Honor Kirk Douglas as 'Spartacus' Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Le Colonial Ten-Year Anniversary Celebration