World Naked Bike Ride
"As bare as you dare"—such goes the tagline for this year's World Naked Bike Ride. In protest of our dependency on oil, San Francisco joins cities both here and abroad for this ride against unsustainable energy policy around the world. Think of it like our monthly Critical Mass, only this time cyclists will be both angry and in the buff. The event happens to coincide with Saturday's St. Patrick's Day Parade (yep—same time, same place), so expect Market Street to be a veritable melting pot of green and nude.
Saturday, 3/12, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m., Justin Herman Plaza, Embarcadero at Market St.
- This Week's Hottest Events: The Transit of Venus, a Naked Bike Ride, and Live Art in the Streets
- Last Day to See Naked Art (Yep, Like Naked People)
- Do It For the Otters: Endangered Species Bike Ride This Saturday
- Photos: Red Bull Ride and Style-Fixed Geared Bike Racing and Freestyle Competition
- Nick Hornby On Dave Eggers, The Mission and Juliet, Naked