You're Invited: Masters of Venice: A Masked Ball at the de Young Museum
The centuries-old tradition of a masquerade ball may have begun in France, but it was in Italy—particularly in Venice—where it ripened into the elaborate, intriguing and titillating amusement we've come to know through art, literature, film and theatre. Our friends at Artpoint and the de Young Museum invite you to a fabulous black-tie mascherata to bid farewell to one of their more popular exhibits, Masters of Venice: Paintings of Passion and Power, a stunning collection on loan from the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna.
Artpoint encourages revelers to indulge in their VIP experience, where guests will enjoy "priority entry an hour before the main event, tours of the stunning exhibition, and access to a private VIP lounge all evening serving Stags’ Leap Winery Petit Sirah and Viogner, along with Greg Norman Sparkling Wine and heavy appetizers."
So break out those bedazzlers and hot glue guns to make your gorgeous, captivating mask—then pair it with your finest taffetas and crispest penguin suits—this night may prove to be the most magical of the season.
February 11, de Young Museum, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive. For more info, visit artpoint.org.
ArtPoint is a group of young professionals that supports the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, the de Young in Golden Gate Park and the legion of Honor in Lincoln Park. Our members enjoy an annual program of exhibition-related lectures, gallery parties and museum galas. Proceeds support FAMSF exhibitions and programs.
- Photos: Artpoint's Masked Ball for the Masters of Venice at the de Young Museum
- You're Invited: 7x7's Lit Crawl 2012 Program at The Lone Palm, Oct. 13
- You're Invited: 7x7's Lit Crawl 2013 Program at Elbo Room, Oct. 19
- You're Invited: Cointreau Cocktail Fundraiser for Local Documentary, 5 Blocks
- This Week's Hottest Events: "Masters of Venice" Masked Ball, SF Symphony Chinese New Year Concert, and SF Beer Week