10th Annual San Francisco Artadia Awards
Headquartered in New York City, Artadia: The Fund for Art and Dialogue has celebrated and funded local visual artists for ten years. The first Artadia Awards were presented in San Francisco 10 years ago, and the organization has since come to include additional cities like Boston and Houston. This year, three jurors—Glen Helfand (curator and critic); Doryun Chong (MOMA NY); and Lauren Ross (Friends of the High Line)—selected fifteen finalists from a pool of 680 applications from Bay Area artists. Nominees include conceptual artist and photographer Pablo Guardiola, sculptor Lucy Puls, and land/environmental artist Amy Balkin (see examples from all SF finalists here). From this group of 15, Glen Helfand and two other jurors—Diane Barber (DiverseWorks Artspace, Houston) and Raechell Smith (Kansas City Art Institute in San Francisco)—will select seven artists to receive $15,000 prizes and five artists to receive $3,000. Artadia will announce the top seven in early December.
- Lost Landscapes of San Francisco with Archivist Rick Prelinger
- Prelinger Library Comes to the San Francisco History Association
- The SF Bicycle Coalition's Golden Wheel Awards 2010
- The 10th Annual Human Rights Watch Film Festival @ The YBCA
- Photos: 7x7 and Pacific Gas & Electric's Awards Ceremony for San Francisco's Favorite Charities 2011