7x7 Photograph Wins International Photography Award
We're thrilled to learn that frequent 7x7 contributor Erik Almås has won an Internaional Photography Award for his stunning photograph of supermodel Maggie Rizer in our March 2010 Fashion issue.
The photograph, captioned with "Everyone arrives in San Francisco with a dream," placed third in the special effects category. Erik shot the cityscape and Maggie Rizer separately and then retouched them both to create a seamless image. The whale and the aircraft, of course, were created in post production (though it would be pretty sweet if they were real).
Congrats to Erik.
Check back tomorrow for a behind-the-scenes look at the Golden Gate Park shoot from our September fashion issue, which is on newsstands now.
- Renowned Bay Area Photographer Larry Sultan, RIP
- Enter to Win: SF International Film Festival's Centerpiece Film & Party
- Award Winning Radio Producers The Kitchen Sisters' Workshop Will School You On the Art of Storytelling
- Special Screening of Filmmaker Adam Hootnick's Award-Winning Documentary, Unsettled.
- Photos: 7x7 and Pacific Gas & Electric's Awards Ceremony for San Francisco's Favorite Charities 2011