Artist Freya Prowe's Pop-Up Slingshot Gallery to Debut This Weekend on Valencia
Prowe re-purposed the former X-21 Modern Vintage shop into a rough-around-the-edges exhibition spot for her first round of aritsts: Meagan Donegan, Angela Simione, Launa Bacon, Kimberlee Koym and Prowe herself. Her goal with Slingshot is to add to the city's gallery scene and give artists a chance to show their works early in their careers.
The space's opening reception is this Saturday from 6-9 pm, and there will be a new show opening this December. Prowe has secured the space until January but hopes to keep showing in the space as long as the no one slaps a new lease on it.
"We have created the gallery with the generous alliance of a landlord who is willing to take a chance on a popup," says Prowe. "If we are able to show the quality of work that we have in a space that is large, beautiful and accessible the community can only benefit."
This is exciting news for the city arts scene, and we'll be sure to keep you updated on Slingshot's upcoming events!
Art by Freya Prowe
- Little Otsu to Close Its Doors on Valencia, But Remain Open on the Internet
- Pop-Up Pear Orchard in Union Square to Benefit Meals On Wheels Tonight
- Radiohead Album Artist Stanley Donwood's First-Ever U.S. Show @ Fifty24SF
- Our July Cover Artist Wendy McNaughton Unveils New Art @ Shoebiz This Weekend
- Holiday Pop-Up Shop from Chronicle Books & Zinc Details Debuts Tomorrow