Celebrate Textile Legend Jack Lenor Larsen @ the de Young
Jack Lenor Larsen is a legend in the textiles world. He's worked with heavy hitters like Frank Lloyd Wright and has had his owns designs featured in museums like the de Young. Also an author, collector and accomplished gardener, his famed LongHouse estate's structures and landscapes, which are infused with his unique and worldly design sensibility, are lovingly chronicled in Molly Chappellet's new book, Jack Lenor Larsen's LongHouse (Chronicle Books).
Chappellet, writer Zahid Sardar and textile-design scholar Yoshiko Wada are coming to the de Young Museum's Koret Auditorium this Saturday, November 20 to discuss the work, share stories, and cement Larsen's status as a pioneer in his field.
Our sister mag California Home + Design is sponsoring the event. Celebrate Larsen's work and life and grab tickets here ($25). If you're already a member of the Garden Conservancy, Textile Arts Council or the Fine Arts Museums of SF organizations, tickets are $20.
- Celebrate The Rock Posters of Chronicle Books' "The Small Stakes" @ The Curiosity Shoppe Thursday
- Attention All Local Businesses: Register for CCA's Career Expo!
- The de Young Showcases Floral Design with Bouquets to Art 2013
- Oakland-Based Tikoli Makes Textiles for Commitment Phobes
- Wave Porn: Chronicle Books' Best Surf Reads