Chronicle Books Releases 'Pocket Cash,' Jim Marshall's Final Book
With the death of San Francisco–based Jim Marshall in March of this year, so ended the career of one of the most influential music photojournalists of the 21st century. His final book, Pocket Cash (Chronicle Books), completed shortly before his death, is an arresting visual history of musical legends Johnny and June Carter Cash, with both rarely seen and iconic images taken between the mid- ’60s and mid-’70s. Marshall photographed the Cash family for more than 30 years, cultivating an intimacy that is reflected in these personal images. For loyal fans of the Man in Black, this is a must-read.
- Behind-The-Scenes Jim Marshall Photos of Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Concert on View @ SF Arts Exchange
- Exquisite Corpse Game: Final Round to Get Your Artwork On A Poster!
- Exquisite Corpse Game: The Final Round of Entries
- Jim Marshall showcases rock legends in "Trust"
- Two Art Events Worth Your Time: It's All A Blur + Garage Biennale Book Release