El Tecolote's "Imagining the Mission" Opens Tomorrow Night @ Mission Cultural Center
El Tecolote (which means "The Owl") has chronicled every bit of change in the Mission since it was first published 40 years ago. In those 40 years, the newspaper has amassed a staggering photo collection of the political, cultural and social changes that have swept the neighborhood, which they are putting on glorious display in "Imagining the Mission: Pasado, Presente, Futuro" at the Mission Cultural Center this month.
The photos, taken by past and present El Tecolote staff as well as local kids, show a community forging a strong identity that has become a truly unique and inextricable part of this ever-changing city.
2868 Mission St. between 24th and 25th, (415) 821-1155
Photo via the Mission Cultural Center's website.
- Plush Toys & Psychedelic Cereal Boxes @ Giant Robot's 'Hot Pink Fuzz' Opening Tomorrow Night
- Tomorrow Night's To Do List: Hayes Valley Farm Film Festival
- Mission Creek Music Festival Is Putting On a Free Concert Tomorrow in McLaren Park
- Tomorrow's 2nd Annual Atheist Film Festival @ the Red Vic Is So San Francisco
- Bay Area Musicians Show Their Art @ Fivepoints Arthouse Tomorrow