Electric Works: Where David meets Dave
Electric Works, a gallery and small fine art publisher located in SOMA, presents two new exhibitions starting Friday, July 16 with a reception from 6-8p. The main gallery will feature over 300 propaganda-style grease pencil drawings of animals by San Francisco's own Dave Eggers. Known for his writing, the McSweeney's founder attempted a career in drawing and illustration before finding his place with the written word. This is his first solo exhibition, titled "It Is Right to Draw Their Fur." Keeping with the nature theme, Friday also marks the opening of David Byrne's "Arboretum" in the gallery's project space, a collection of tree and foliage sketches. Both exhibitions end August 15.
- Chez Panisse Continues Its 40th Anniversary Celebrations, Here's How To Make the Most of It
- The Rumpus Starts: Spike Jonze, Dave Eggers and Catherine Keener on 'Where the Wild Things Are'
- Underground Photographer Dave Schubert's Works Showing @ Shooting Gallery This Saturday
- Away They Go: Junot Diaz And Dave Eggers In Conversation
- Public Works: New Art Comes to the Mission