Free Movie Night @ the Independent: Hot Tub Time Machine
Other than the Roxie Theater's $5 Monday movies, the Independent's free Cinema Drafthouse nights are the best regular film bargain in town. Plus, they require you to drink during the film, which is like asking a 7-year-old to eat pizza and ice cream for dinner.
Tonight, they're playing Hot Tub Time Machine, which our own film critic Rossiter Drake called one of the year's best films that puts The Hangover to shame. That is quite a bold statement worthy of a trip down Divisadero Street, don't you think? You must be 21+ to get in, and the show's at 8pm. Smuggle in some Little Chihuahua or down a few oysters at Bar Crudo for a solid dinner-and-a-movie combo.
- Indie Theater Roundup: 7 Movies to See at Docfest
- Indie Theater Roundup: What to See This Week at The Clay, The Lumiere, The Red Vic and The Roxie
- Filmgoers Get Ready: The SF International Film Festival Hits Screens Next Week
- Notes from a Darkened Theater: Justin Timberlake, Jesse Eisenberg to Star in the Facebook Movie
- Notes from a Darkened Theater: Two New Hosts Give 'At the Movies' Critical Credibility