Homero Aridjis with Ferlinghetti at City Lights
Prolific Mexican columnist, novelist, poet, and former UNESCO ambassador, Homero Aridjis has just released a new collection of poetry, Solar Poems. To celebrate, Aridjis will make an appearance at City Lights Bookstore in North Beach tonight (April 6) at 7pm. But it's not just Aridjis that makes the trip worthwhile. Aridjis also produced a billingual edition of his book, WHAT IS POETRY?/¿QUÉ ES LA POESÍA?, and City Lights founder and legendary poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti will be there to read selected poems from the book.
- The SF International Poetry Festival Honors City Lights Co-Founder Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- A Cultured Happy Hour: Friday Nights at the de Young
- Makin' Change: North Beach Citizens
- Indie Theater Roundup: 7 Movies to See This Week
- Litquake This Week: Surf Lit, Tales of Hollywood Hell, Jonathan Lethem and Lit Crawl