Ike's Sandwiches, SF Literary Big Wigs and Motown Tunes at the SF Public Library's First After-Hours Event
Just when I thought libraries couldn't get much cooler, the Eureka Valley Branch Library and Friends of the SF Public Library went ahead and scheduled an after-hours party called IMBIBE. It goes down tomorrow night, comes complete with an open bar (Blue Angel Vodka and New Belgium beer), Ike's sandwiches, and features local literary big wigs like Litquake founder Jack Boulware, Beth Lisick, SF artist (and our July 2010 cover artist) Wendy McNaughton and others. It's the first time there's ever been an after-hours library event, and this promises to kick things off in style.
The event, which goes from 6:30-9 pm, is free for Friends of the Library members, and raises money for our city's public libraries. So if you sign up for a $35-a-year membership for access to this party, either in advance or at the door, your dough is going to a phenomenal cause.Because the Eureka Valley Branch first threw open its doors in 1961, DJs will be spinning Motown and 60s soul, and you can document it all at their photo booth.
IMBIBE is the first of four such after-hours library events planned for this year, so when you get your Friends of the SF Public Library membership, you're guaranteed entrance to the next three. And if they're anything like this first one, you'll definitely want to be there.
- Friends of the Public Library's 2nd IMBIBE Event (Space-Themed!) in the Marina
- Pssst, Book Lovers: Friends of the SF Public Library's Annual Book Sale Starts Next Week
- We Wanna Be Friends With: Ike Shehadeh of Ike's Sandwiches
- Public Bikes 1 Year Anniversary Party in South Park: Raffles, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Bike Races & More
- Public Library's Family Pass Program Is a Free Chance to Check Museums