JumpstART: A Free Day of Dance, Theater, and Performance at ODC Theater
How's this for a cool gig? ODC is throwing a housewarming party to celebrate its brand-spanking-new community performance space in the Mission. But unlike most housewarmings, you'll be the one getting the gift.
Haven't yet had the chance to witness Joe Goode's masterful choreography? Always been dying to see a skit by Killing My Lobster? Secretly want to get in on the madness of a Youth Speaks poetry slam? Curious about playwright/director Mark Jackson's work and Lily Kharrazi's world music? This Saturday is your chance to tap into the arts for free.
More than 20 performers have volunteered their talent for the day so that you can reap the benefits of what the expanded and refurbished ODC Theater has to offer. The free day of programming starts at noon, with performances every hour on the hour and includes two tours of the new, state-of-the-art facility, which completes ODC's performing arts campus (ODC Dance Commons is located around the corner on Shotwell Street). From comedy and clogging to bhangra and ballet, you'll be able to experience the theater firsthand, and if you're more of the hands-on type, hop across the street to the Commons and jump in on a class. Click here for the complete schedule.
Saturday, October 16, Noon - 11 p.m., ODC Theater, 3153 17th St., odctheater.org
- Dance, Dance, Dance! A Winter Calendar of the Heavy Hitters
- Dance and Performance Art for Your Calendar: ODC, CounterPULSE, and Ethnic Dance Fest
- This Week's Hottest Events: DJ Questlove, Alvin Ailey Dance, and St. Patty's Day
- Labayen Dance/SF and The DanceWright Project at Dance Mission Theater
- ODC’s Anniversary: Celebrating 4 Decades of High Energy, Take-No-Prisoners Dance