Local Indie-Rock Poster Artist Displaying Work at the Curiosity Shoppe
Chances are you've seen one of Oakland designer Jason Munn's music posters, especially if you went to the Treasure Island Music Festival (the whole ship/island concept was his idea). Or , perhaps, you've spun a CD with his art on it. Munn's SF-based design studio, The Small Stakes, has created posters, magazine graphics, CD art and book covers for bands like, Beck, Modest Mouse, The Decemberists, Death Cab for Cutie, and locals Rogue Wave. He's somewhat of the go-to indie designer. Munn recently aligned with InSound, an online indie retailer (of course) for "InSound20," which features his designs for 20 of Insound’s favorite bands. Swag like silk-screened American Apparel t-shirts & hoodies and hand-numbered and signed silk-screened posters will be on display through December at the Curiosity Shoppe. Check out the reception on November 21st at the aforementioned hipster spot. You can purchase the art or enjoy the free food and drinks.
- Fillmore Posters, Uncoded: Bid on Signed-by-Artist Posters From Grizzly Bear, Pixies, Death Cab for Cutie...
- Bid on Signed-by-Artist Fillmore Posters: Grizzly Bear, Phoenix, Kings of Leon, Pixies, Death Cab for Cutie, Sonic Youth and Gnarls Barkley!
- Listen Up: Dirty Projectors, Death Cab for Cutie, Andrew Bird Play this Week
- This Week's Hottest Events: Florence and the Machine, Janelle Monae, Death Cab for Cutie, and Picasso
- Death Cab for Cutie Gives New Life to Old Songs at The Fillmore