Next Weekend's American Craft Council Show Rivals the Coolness of Outside Lands
No ticket to Outside Lands? No problem, because there's an almost cooler event going down the same weekend: the American Craft Council show at Fort Mason. It's a celebration of all things handmade and one-of-a-kind, and there's so much to take in, there's no possible way you could do it all in one day.
The main attraction is the showcase of talented up-and-coming artists from around the country who excel in making uncommon creations, like upcycled jewelry made from LEGOs to "trashion" pieced together from weird materials like fish skin and fruit bags.
The "5 After 5" event on Friday (the 13th!) is a cool way to get your own DIY juices flowing. You can also shop, sip free wine and make stuff at the Etsy Craft Bar, all for $5. Bring your kiddies to the Children's Workshop on Saturday, hosted by the Museum of Craft + Design. Watch live craft demos, peruse the new section of lawn and garden crafts and the eco-friendly craft section. There will also be wine, wine, wine! Click here for advance tickets (which are $2 off regular price). Otherwise, tickets are $12 a day, while two-day passes cost $18. Kids under 12 get in free.
- Etsy Craft Labs Celebrates Its One Year Anniversary @ Museum of Craft & Folk Art
- Lifting The Craft Bar At Museum Of Craft & Folk Art
- Outside Lands Lineup: Forget the Bands, What About the Food?
- Derek Lam-Hosted SF Fall Antiques Show Kicks Off This Weekend
- We're Giving Away Tickets to SF MoMA's 75th Birthday Gala!