QUEST Explains the Fog
Yes, this summer has been gray, foggy, and cooler than usual, but according to this QUEST Science on the SPOT report, Science of Fog, the fog is actually vital to the Bay Area's plants and animals—especially our precious redwoods. UC Berkeley professor and biogeochemistry expert Dr. Todd Dawson explains the science behind why San Francisco gets so dismal in the summer. The next time you start to curse the summer fog, think of the redwoods first!
- Legally Experiment With Spray Painting at the Urban Youth Arts Festival
- A Holiday Shopping Break: See Fini at the Weinstein
- 10th Annual San Francisco Artadia Awards
- A Cultured Happy Hour: Friday Nights at the de Young
- The SF International Poetry Festival Honors City Lights Co-Founder Lawrence Ferlinghetti