Shawn Barber Tattoos the Shooting Gallery
A versatile artist, San Francisco's Shawn Barber paints, draws, illustrates, lectures, teaches, and even works as a tattoo artist. His work graces the pages of books and magazines and the walls of galleries around the world. Barber mixes modern subjects with classic oil and acrylic painting, captured in his "Tattooed Portraits" series, a collection of paintings whose subjects encapsulate the beauty and artistry of the culture of ink. His latest SF show, "Tattooed Portraits: Snapshots," opens this weekend at The Shooting Gallery.
The opening reception, Saturday, August 15 from 7-11p, is open to the public. The show runs through September 7.
- Shawn Barber Makes Us Want To Cover Ourselves in Tattoos
- Legally Experiment With Spray Painting at the Urban Youth Arts Festival
- Street Artist Jesse Hazelip to Speak at SFMOMA Artists Gallery This Saturday
- Charles Gatewood's Al Green, Ginsberg and Dylan Photos at the Robert Tat Gallery
- "Best Of" Question #6: Who's the Best Tattoo Artist in the City?