Tomorrow Night's To Do List: Hayes Valley Farm Film Festival
Folks, the second Hayes Valley Farm Film Night is going down tomorrow night, these misty July nights be damned. Bring a blanket, a few sweaters, some thick socks and maybe a flask of whiskey to keep yourself warm, because tomorrow night's film is a good one. It's the Botany of Desire, a documentary based on beloved Bay Area foodie-intellectual Michael Pollan's book of the same name about four plants (apples, marijuana, potatoes and tulips) and how they influence mankind.
To make it a party, Rainbow Grocery hot chocolate, a bake sale, and live bluegrass music by the Jugtown Pirates will all be there. The film starts at sundown and it's free (although a donation is much appreciated). On Thursdays, head down to the farm for some free outdoor, midday yoga. "Whatever the weather, we will embrace the wind, the sunshine, and clouds in all their dynamic configurations," says Hayes Valley Farm's website. Sounds too good to pass up!
- Tomorrow's 2nd Annual Atheist Film Festival @ the Red Vic Is So San Francisco
- Judith Belzer's "Orders of Magnitude" Show Coming to George Lawson Gallery
- The Answer Man Opens 12th Sonoma Film Festival
- Mission Creek Music Festival Is Putting On a Free Concert Tomorrow in McLaren Park
- Fresh Produce Free-For-All Comes to Hayes Valley This Sunday