Top 7 A+E Picks
photography by David Seymour; courtesy of the de Young Museum
Here are 7 not-to-miss A+E happenings this week.
1. “Chim: The Photography of David Seymour” at the de Young Museum
Don’t miss legendary photojournalist and celeb shutterbug David Seymour’s retrospective show before it ends on Sunday, February 24.
2. Compañía Nacional de Danza at the YBCA
This eclectic dance troupe incorporates modern, folk and ballet into their performances. Catch them February 20-21 and February 23-24.
3. Bay Area One-Acts Festival at the Eureka Theatre
Local playwrites showcase their one-act plays at this theater festival, which begins on Thursday, February 21.
4. WonderCon at Moscone Center on Friday, February 22 - Sunday, February 24
Unleash your inner comicbook nerd this multimedia convention, which features career panels with LukasArts animators, anime screenings and a costume contest.
5. A Walk into the Sea: Danny Williams and the Andy Warhol Factory
Check out this poignant documentary about Any Warhol’s mysterious ex lover Danny Williams and the alluring world of the Factory when it plays on Friday, February 22 at the Roxie.
6. Six Organs of Admittance on Saturday, February 23 at Bottom of the Hill
Catch this psychedelic outfit play thoughtful, folksy tunes off their most recent effort Shelter From the Ash.
7. Built to Spill at The Fillmore on Sunday, February 24
These indie rock allstars epitomized the ’90s sound with clever slacker anthems and irreverent pop melodies.