Tour de Fat: A Ballyhoo of Bikes and Beer!
We posted a few weeks ago about Tour de Fat and the Car-for-Bike Trade. Find out who won this Saturday at Tour de Fat in Golden Gate Park! The day begins at 11am with a bike parade (registration at 10a, see bottom of page for pre-registration) and performances at Speedway start at noon. This year's lineup includes March Fourth Marching Band and Sean Hayes, along with cabaret and circus performances. Celebrate the Car-for-Bike Trade winner's switch to two wheels beginning with a funeral procession at 2:30 and the official ceremony at 4:30. And of course, since the event is sponsored by New Belgium Brewing, spend your afternoon drinking tasty beers (and far more than just Fat Tire). The event is family friendly but be sure to bring ID to drink and cash for beer tokens. Curtain closes at 5pm. If the weather people are right, it should be a beautiful afternoon.
- The Mission Bicycle Festival & Tour De Fat Take Over the Mission & Golden Gate Park This Weekend
- Boing Boing Takes Golden Gate Park
- Tour de Fat’s Bike and Beer Carnival This Saturday
- Do It For the Otters: Endangered Species Bike Ride This Saturday
- NYTimes Bay Area Blog Fanning the Flames of the Bike v. Car Debate