Underground Photographer Dave Schubert's Works Showing @ Shooting Gallery This Saturday
In the vein of Larry Clark, Ryan McGinley, the late Dash Snow and the Mission School of art, Dave Schubert's photography documents his day-to-day life spent on the underbelly. Considered a "quiet leader" in the documentation of underground cultures, his world is populated by weirdos, libertines, clowns, artists and randoms caught in the blink of an eye living in the "beautiful grime" of city life and really not giving a hoot. His fleeting subjects are surreally captured, often mid-mischief, in a hazy wash of colors on film processed by hand.
The show, entitled Vision is a Dream, is Schubert's debut with the Shooting Gallery, and opens this Saturday, November 13th, from 7-11 pm. Catch Schubert's glimpse into another world through December 4th.
- Mission's Soap Gallery's "Matchbox Show" Kicks Off Tonight
- White Walls, the Shooting Gallery and Now 941 Geary
- Shawn Barber Tattoos the Shooting Gallery
- Spring Exhibits Open at White Walls and Shooting Gallery
- This Week's Hottest Events: Le Dîner à San Francisco, the Underground Farmers Market, and Cal Academy's Gallery Crawl