11th Annual Oyster Fest Answers the Prayers of Local Oyster Lovers
Everyone I know is obsessed with oysters. Here in San Francisco, we eat oysters every which way: deep fried in po' boys, barbecued to succulent perfection, swimming in a citrus bath of Peruvian ceviche and half-drunk during happy hour along with an ice cold Guinness, lemon wedges and Tabasco. For those who count themselves true, salivating oyster-philes, it's pretty much the Super Bowl: the 11th Annual Oysterfest is coming to the Great Meadow at Fort Mason to celebrate the most revered of bivalves in a single action-packed afternoon on Saturday, May 15th.
Benefitting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training, get excited for cooking demos (as if San Franciscans hadn't invented enough ways to feast on these creatures), their Shuck and Suck competition, a history of oysters, and an oyster pairing room. But it's not going down to the soundtrack of hungry seagulls circling above. These oysters are getting slurped to the sounds of awesome musical guests Cake, the Ravonettes, and Thao Nguyen with the Get Down Stay Down! Get tickets here and because it's never too early to catch oyster fever, bring the kids. If they're under 14, they get in free.
More Eat + Drink Postings
- Pssst, Book Lovers: Friends of the SF Public Library's Annual Book Sale Starts Next Week
- Nonstop Beer at Bay Area Brew Fest
- Liquor.com's Spirited Supper Series Lands @ Orson Tomorrow, Tickets Still Available!
- Pack Your Schedule: Upcoming Local Art Events
- Sample Hand Crafted Beer from Local Brewpubs at 12th Annual BreastFest