Cheap Eat of the Week: Phat Philly
Now, let me be perfectly clear: I haven't actually sampled the wares at Phat Philly. Yet. Unfortunately I, like so many of you, have been gripped by the post-holiday need to eat only leafy greens and garbanzo beans. However, when I recover from this brief stint of healthfulness, I plan to march right over to Phat Philly for a cheesesteak ($6-$10), because it seems like they're doing it all right. Amoroso rolls imported from Philadelphia, natural antibiotic-free beef from Niman Ranch and Creekstone Farms, and, in addition to the de rigeur cheese Whiz, they also have housemade cheddar-beer sauce. The marinara, roasted garlic and barbeque sauces are all made from scratch and, should you have a complaint, they'll happily give you the owner's direct contact information because. Like Obama says, it's all about accountability. 3388 24th St. (at Valencia), 415-550-7428. Open daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Cash only.
- Cheap Eat Of The Week: Balompié Cafe
- Top Eat + Drink Events This Week: Kraut College, Tea School and Home Brewers Night
- Eat + Drink Events This Week: Dosa Easter, Toronado Does Belgium and A16 Helps Abruzzo
- This Week: Chocolate Salon, Artisan Cheese Fest and Provençal Wine Tasting
- This week: Caramel Apples, Wild Boar and Jam Making