Countdown to V-Day: Tell Tale's (Sweet) Heart Picnic
A romantic picnic on Bernal Hill is my kind of Valentine’s. Climb to the top with a bottle of prosecco and Tell Tale Preserve’s Heart cloth bundle of V-Day goodies, and you’ve got a simple (and dreamy, if you time it right with the sunset) date. Inside a Japanese furoshiki, the passion-coffee caramels are perfectly soft and chewy, but the standout is a small Weck jar of passion-olive oil curd. It's tart, creamy, and easy to spread on the short loaf of chocolate brioche that comes in the set (along with dark chocolate passion bonbons). $75 at Tuesday and Saturday’s Ferry Building Farmers Market and online.
- Countdown to V-Day: Three Great New Locally-Made Sweets
- Countdown to V-Day: Au Coeur Des Chocolats
- Tell Tale Preserve Co.: A Old-Fashioned Bakeshop for Modern Times
- Obsessed: William Werner, Owner of Tell Tale Preserve Co., on Fried Chicken
- Market Watch: Tell Tale Preserve Company Finds Inspiration @ the Farmers Market