Distillery No. 209 Cocktail Contest at RN74
In celebration of the debut of two new Barrel Reserve Gins, San Francisco’s own Distillery No. 209 and Michael Mina’s renowned RN74 hosted a fierce, bracket-style cocktail competition among eight of Bay Area’s top bartenders. The two new unique gins from Distillery No. 209 were aged in Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc barrels from sister winery Rudd Oakville Estate in Napa Valley.
The competition included Fatima Wehidy of Dosa, Ulises Santiago of Novela, Eric Grenier of Honor Bar, Michael Carlisi of Adesso, Crystal Wilson of Plum Bar, Carlo Splendorini of RN74, Susie Robinson of Blowfish and Ryan Linden of Maven and Stones Throw. The first round focused on No. 209 Cabernet Sauvignon Barrel Reserve Gin, the second on the No. 209 Sauvignon Blanc Barrel Reserve Gin, and the final featured all of Distillery No. 209’s Gins.
In the final round, RN74’s Chef Adam Sobel presented three surprise dishes to finalists Michael Carlisi (Adesso) and Crystal Wilson (Plum Bar), who then created and paired three different No. 209 Gin cocktails. After a tight competition, Michael Carlisi was the victor with his unique creations including cocktails with cornichons, fig jam, Mezcal and of course No. 209 Gin.
Photos: Morgan Bellinger | Move Photography
- Photos: VIP launch of Dean & DeLuca’s new wine site—Your California Wine Source—with Distillery 209 Gin
- "Tog to the Bricks" with the Bold Italic Tonight
- From Mini Latkes to Kosher Gin, Do It Up For Passover in San Francisco
- 7x7's Pride 2013 Launch Party at Lookout
- Photos: Spinsters of San Francisco's Fourth Annual Fleet or Flight Raises Over $7,000