The Eater Wrap: Bar Letters, Fall Tracking, and a Beer at Eddie Rickenbacker's
Today is Friday. Today is the day for the Eater Wrap, the weekly recap from Eater SF on all the happenings from the local restaurant scene. Hold on to your 7x7's.
1) Memo to all Lakers fans (and who knows, maybe even Dodgers fans): the owner of Kezar Pub will break your legs.
2) "Breathing through an oxygen tank, surrounded by a cloud of cigar smoke, potato-shaped and tyrannical, he rules over the place like Jabba the Hut from a filthy loveseat next to the bar..." —Patrick Heig, A Beer At ... Eddie Rickenbacker's (required reading).
3) Top Chef Dept. of Corrections: Max Silvestri would like to point out that Tom Colicchio is not, in fact, a princess.
4) Lunch in SoMa is about to get a lot better. First came the news that three of the vendors from the Thursday Ferry Building Market—Ryan Farr's 4505 Meats, Tacolicious and Namu—would be starting a Friday food court on Folsom Street. And just to top it off, District spinoff Ironside will be opening down on Second Street next week.
5) Speaking of spinoffs, Beretta's Marina birreria finally got a name this week: say hello to Delarosa.
7) Finally, you've probably heard about the tragic fire at Soul Food Farm; here's a handy guide to the various benefit dinners around town.
- The Eater Wrap: Alice Returns, Midi Opens, RN74 Readies
- The Eater Wrap: Gatekeepers, Black Saturday and Yelp Under the Microscope
- The Eater Wrap: Critic Shuffles, Town Hall's New Chef, and the New Eater 38
- The Eater Wrap: Bocuse Semi-Finalists, Sprinkles Madness, Hot Chefs and Still More Openings
- The Eater Wrap: The Joe Wars, Behind the SPQR Scenes, More Alice Dreams