The Eater Wrap: Burger Bar Opens, Leiva Leaves, Dive Bars, MomoContests and MORE!
The Friday Eater Wrap recounts all the week's top stories over at Eater SF, including but not limited to the rebirth of the old Bong Su space, playing pigeon on Polk, Eater's monster Momo giveaway, and a little place called Burger Bar.
3) First Ozone Thai swooped on the Jack Falstaff space, and now another Thai chain has claimed another shuttered, high-profile SoMa restaurant space: Osha Thai will open its seventh San Francisco location in the old Bong Su on Third Street.
4) Bittersweet: former Falstaff three-star chef Jonattan Leiva will leave San Francisco to become the new chef at NYC's 10 Downing. Good for Leiva; bad for SF.
5) "Thrown from a window somewhere, a piece of chalk shattered on the sidewalk, sending the lurkers into a frenzy, pecking after the bits to examine them for possible crack content; someone was playing "pigeon." Seen from this street, Hanaro had looked warm and wholesome." —Patrick Heig in this week's installment of A Beer At, which takes him to Hanaro in the TL.
6) Another newcomer is due in the Castro next week. Panam will open in the old Frissee space, with the hope of being a bistro by day and club by night.
7) Meanwhile in Oakland, Millennium's Eric Tucker joined the likes of Rick Hackett, Daniel Patterson, Richard Corbo and others as the latest SF chef to sign on at Jack London Square.
- The Eater Wrap: Early Beard Nominations, Mission Plywood, the Ubuntu Burger and MORE!
- The Eater Wrap: Tadich's Fire, Mission Burger and More!
- The Eater Wrap: Ghirardelli Shutters, Top Cheffage, Recession-Proof Maps, Tipsy Openings and More!
- The Eater Wrap: Alice Returns, Midi Opens, RN74 Readies
- The Eater Wrap: Starbelly Opens, Ty-Flo Has a Lot on His Plate