The Eater Wrap: Enrico's Makes Moves, Cupcakes Unleashed, Plus Top Cheffage
It's the Friday of a short week, which means that it's time for the Eater Wrap, the weekly recap from Eater SF on all the happenings from the local restaurant scene.
1) The big news of the four-day week went down at Enrico's, the North Beach institution on Broadway. In the wake of big financial struggles, the restaurant declared bankruptcy, with the hope of getting around its debt and ringing in a new era. It's staying open, so please do support it, lest it be lost to the tides of time.
2) Who wants to go to Food Blogger Camp at Club Med in Mexico? Eh? Eh?
3) This week's episode of Top Chef was rife with princesses, child princes and French-style kissing.
4) Better late than never (not really), San Francisco is experiencing a mini-boom in the realm of cupcakes.
5) At long last, the Fuzio on Chestnut Street finally shuttered. Normally, such a closing wouldn't be particularly notable, aside from the fact that the next inhabitants of the space are the folks from Beretta, who will install a pizzeria/birreria.
6) Just in case Starbucks and Peet's wasn't enough for coffee chain lovers, SoCal hotshot Coffee Bean announced 50 upcoming Bay Area outposts.
7) Across the Bay, a month into the massive Lake Chalet on the water, it's time to check in with the Good News ... and also the Bad News.
- The Eater Wrap: Quince's Finale, Top Cheffage and The Reborn Mayes
- The Eater Wrap: Ghirardelli Shutters, Top Cheffage, Recession-Proof Maps, Tipsy Openings and More!
- The Eater Wrap: Top Pastry Chef, Inside Quince, and Burger Bar Buzz
- The Eater Wrap: Fresh Blood on Top Chef and a New Crop of Restaurants
- The Eater Wrap: The Bloody Shutter Tally, Inside Heaven's Dog and an Unfortunate Top Chef Episode