The Eater Wrap: Morimoto Coming To Napa, Ty Flo to SF
It's Friday, which means time for the Eater Wrap, the lovely weekly recap from Eater SF on all the happenings from the local restaurant scene.
1) For the first time, an Iron Chef is coming to the Bay Area, as Japanese cuisine master Masaharu Morimoto will be opening a signature restaurant in downtown Napa's new Riverfront development. From the arrival of a world-class, groundbreaking chef to the planned revitalization of downtown Napa, this is what you call a significant deal.
3) While House of Nanking readies its first spinoff, even more notable is a second location from popular Castro joint Kasa Indian Eatery. The sequel would be on Fillmore Street, right next to the shuttered PlumpJack Cafe, and if all the red tape gets handled, it will open later this year.
4) The architectural renderings haven't yet arrived for Wayfare Tavern, but based on some memorable Tyler Florence quotes, the Official Eater Visualization of the ex-Rubicon space was shared with the masses.
5) Also, whaaaaa.
6) Insert your jokes here: reports say the SF comedy industry is apparently thriving (??), so a new combination comedy club, restaurant and nightclub by the name of Holly's is coming to Van Ness.
7) Up in Kellerville, Bouchon has finally unveiled its anticipated patio, now open after 7pm. Kindly plan your weekends accordingly.
- The Eater Wrap: Starbelly Opens, Ty-Flo Has a Lot on His Plate
- The Eater Wrap: Critic Shuffles, Town Hall's New Chef, and the New Eater 38
- The Eater Wrap: Bocuse Semi-Finalists, Sprinkles Madness, Hot Chefs and Still More Openings
- The Eater Wrap: The Joe Wars, Behind the SPQR Scenes, More Alice Dreams
- The Eater Wrap: Top Pastry Chef, Inside Quince, and Burger Bar Buzz