The Eater Wrap: Tadich's Fire, Mission Burger and More!
It's Friday, which means time for the Eater Wrap, the weekly recap from Eater SF on all the happenings from the local restaurant scene.
1) On Monday, the Financial District—and the entire city, really—was sent into a tizzy when a two-alarm fire erupted at Tadich Grill. For good reason too: the oldest restaurant in San Francisco was burning down! OMG! ... And then Tadich reopened the next day.
2) This week's episode of Top Chef Vegas was totally just like The Hangover, but without the funny or interesting parts.
3) Up north, the rejuvenation of downtown Napa looks poised to take another big step forward, at least in theory. Joining Morimoto in the $72 million Riverfront development will be a seafood-centric restaurant from the Lark Creek Restaurant Group and a rotisserie/wine spot from Tyler Florence, the busy TV chef who is also moving into SFO.
4) Speaking of Wine Country, behold The KellerCycle, a custom-made tricycle made for Bouchon's daily bread deliveries around Yountville. Photos of Sir Thomas Keller riding the bike are very much wanted.
5) An evolution is underway in the Cannery building, where Dirty Martini has shuttered to make way for a new bar called The Parlor. Who's excited? Eh? Eh?
6) Oops: the City Attorney was forced to invalidate hundreds of restaurants' health certifications after an investigation revealed shenanigans by three employees in the Department of Public Health. You do hate to see that.
7) Two significant openings have taken place over the last seven days or so. Up first, the guys behind the incredibly-successful Mission Street Food rolled out Mission Burger last weekend, making Heston Blumenthal-esque burgers in the Duc Loi supermarket. Also in the Mission, Limon finally returned to its Valencia Street home after a fire took it down over a year ago.
More Eat + Drink Postings
- The Eater Wrap: Early Beard Nominations, Mission Plywood, the Ubuntu Burger and MORE!
- The Eater Wrap: Burger Bar Opens, Leiva Leaves, Dive Bars, MomoContests and MORE!
- The Eater Wrap: Barbacco Nears, Inside Smuggler's Cove, Shutter Galore and More!
- The Eater Wrap: Ghirardelli Shutters, Top Cheffage, Recession-Proof Maps, Tipsy Openings and More!
- The Eater Wrap: A Fire At Chow, A Demotion At Oliveto And The Spruce Takeover Of Aqua