Food, Drink, and Chef Celebs at Taste America This Weekend
It's an all-star lineup of chefs and a foodie's dream when the James Beard Foundation's Taste America arrives in SF this weekend.
The cross-country food and beverage extravaganza features exclusive dining events, cooking demonstrations, celebrity chefs, artisanal tasting and, of course, drinks.
You can attend such tantalizing events as the Sweet & Savory Indulgences: The After Party, taking place at 10:00 p.m. at the St. Regis Hotel on Friday, October 4. Chefs will create a tantalizing evening of dishes inspired by their favorite James Beard story, inspiration, or dish. On Saturday, October 5, Sur la Table in Palo Alto is hosting a day of free cooking demos, cookbook signings, tastings, and more.
Local celebrity chefs will be there in full force (think Evan and Sarah Rich, Danny Bowien, and Matthew Accarrino), and in addition, some of San Francisco’s best mixologists, who will be stirring up some delicious libations. Tickets sell out quickly for this event. Buy them here. After Party tickets are $65, and classic tickets start at $275. The St. Regis, 125 3rd Street.
- This Saturday: Food, Drink, and Pairing with Widmer Brewing
- Hot 20: Chef and Cofounder of Mission Chinese Food, Danny Bowien
- This Week in Food: Top Chef Masters party, Taste of the Nation, Liberty Cafe lobster dinner, and Flour+Water reopens
- Celebs Invade Napa for Food, Wine & Film this Fall
- SF Chefs. Food. Wine. (Cocktails.) This Weekend!