Foodie Agenda: CCA Cook-Off and More
Saturday, Feb. 25
St. Anthony's Dining Room is getting ready for a major upgrade after more than 60 years of serving meals to the homeless. The space is having a lunchtime open house, speakers, and group wall demolishing to say goodbye to the dining room, which is set to reopen in 2014.
Monday, Feb. 27
Dine at Luce to watch five California Culinary Academy students battle it out for a trip to NYC to join Chef Daniel Corey of Luce at the James Beard House in April. Each student will prepare a three-course dinner, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., and March 4, 11, 18, and 25. And a portion of the proceeds go to the CCA scholarship fund.
Tuesday, Feb. 28
Watch RN74's executive chef Jason Berthold do a live demo, tasting, and talk at Circolo. He'll be making California asparagus, gold beets, comte, blacktruffle, and vin jaune, while master sommelier Catherine Fallis does the pairing. There's also a cocktail reception beforehand and a chance to get up close and personal with the chef of one of the city's favorite artisanal pasta houses.
- Foodie Agenda: Make Your Own Sushi, a Chili Cook-Off, and More
- Foodie Agenda: Bacon Takedown, Vegan Cupcake Bake-off and More
- Celebrate the American Red Cross With A Bay Area Chef Cook-Off
- Foodie Agenda: Top Chef Masters Dinner Fundraiser and more
- Foodie Agenda: Pork Happy Hour at Fatted Calf (and more)