Foodie Agenda: MasterChef Open Casting Call
Today, Dec. 7
The Apple Lover's Cookbook author Amy Traverso is reading and signing her book at Book Passage in the Ferry Building at 6 p.m. She'll be talking about her chicken liver pate with apples and sweet potato-apple latkes, as well as how to incorporate the ubiquitous fruit in pork loins, cocktails, and doughnuts. 1 Ferry Building
Thursday, Dec. 8
Nob Hill is getting a new French bistro with the opening of Bouche. Expect small plates of charcuterie, spiced duck leg confit over a warm beet salad, and marinated sardines with rosemary foccacia and a farm-to-table sensibility from former Coi sous chef Nicolas Borzee. 603 Bush St.
Saturday, Dec. 10
Wannabe chefs, bring your best home-cooked dish to MasterChef's open casting call 10 a.m.-6 p.m at Le Cordon Bleu. If selected, you'll compete in the Gordon Ramsay reality show's third season. 350 Rhode Island St.
Sunday, Dec. 11
Join wine writers Jordan Mackay and Rajat Parr along with beverage director Paul Einbund of Frances at wine merchant DIG in Dogpatch for an after-hours tasting of their favorite bottles, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Reserve your spot by emailing them. 1005 Minnesota St.
- Foodie Agenda: Top Chef Masters Dinner Fundraiser and more
- Foodie Agenda: Celebrating Beer, Chefs in Yosemite, Pig Heart, and More
- Foodie Agenda: St. Patty's Day, Vegan Iron Chef, Mexican Matzo Balls and More...
- Foodie Agenda: Per Diem Opens Downtown (and more)
- Foodie Updates: A Look Inside La Urbana, Keane on Top Chef Masters, and more